How will you rate us?

Pages

Sunday, 4 October 2015

Sunday Feelings

I woke up this morning with this cranky feeling in my joints. Indeed, it was a very cold night, coupled with the fact that it rained cats and dogs yesterday evening through till this morning. It was as though the skies were mourning the loss of someone special. It was like any other rainy morning. I said my prayers lying on the bed still wondering what was special about this morning...
Then it dawned on me that this was not just any other morning - It was a Sunday morning!...Then the puzzle pieces in my mind found harmony. I had to go to CHURCH!!!...I got off the bed, dragged by weak legs with my joints crackling (they were still asleep) and went across the room towards the door. I went out the door and saw that it was still drizzling heavily...
The Sun was hiding in great fear and trembling, lest the rain drops quench its Flaming body. The rain drops fell like watery arrows to the already saturated Earth.. I reckon the Earth must have drank to its fill because She was throwing up water...
Now I found my Sweet mum and  greeted her with a smile (gosh! My facial muscles were sleepy too)...She was already half- way through with her preparation for Church. And here I was, still in my nighties...She then asked me to hurry up so as not to end up going late for the 8am Mass at St. Philomena's...I did just that, and before long we were on our way to Church... We arrived just in time to meet the Parish Priest's Opening Sign of the Cross...You know, I have always attached great importance to this part of the Mass. Entering into the church, my eyes met with a cynosure of brightly dressed women...
Most of them were gorgeously dressed in Blouses with matching Hollandis Wrappers. Now coming to their head gears, i assure you, its always a sight to see every Sunday...It occupied the air space like canopies or better still, parachutes..����..Well, Well, I must give It to womankind, they sure have the time and skill to create such well crafted head gears from starched pieces of long Silk...
The Mass readings were taken and the Priest gave a very resounding homily and interspersed it with fine humour every now and then...'kpam', fell a plastic bottle containing water and this drew my attention.. And then I saw a tiny hand reach for the bottle, I looked to see who that hand belonged to...and behold I saw a very little girl dressed in a jumper jeans with straps across the shoulders and a white shirt....she was quite dark and really small...she picked it up hurried back to her mother...She was so hyperactive all through the Mass...She was busy pinching and saying angry babyish �� words at anyone who tried to curtail her freedom...
She kept me smiling all through the Mass....and before the end of the Mass, I had given her a secret name In my Mind ~Little Miss Mischief....Other parts of the Mass passed without any eventualities of interest...Offertory, thanksgivings, etc went by, Consecration followed suit...Announcements were made by the Catechist....
Then the priest gave his final blessing... I hurried home, relieved to be finally set free....I actually enjoyed service today, thanks to my unknown little friend ~Little Miss Mischief...Now am at home, writing this piece....waiting to do justice to whatever is on the menu �� ...I just love Sundays �� ...
#LoveYouAll...
#DropsPen...
 I_am_Mario_Cruzo✌

Post a Comment