How will you rate us?

Pages

Sunday, 23 August 2015

WHO IS CIROMA CHUKWUMA ADEKUNLE

Are you from anywhere in the Sub- Saharan Africa and you graduated from secondary school, then you must have come across this name: Ciroma Chukwuma Adekunle on your Secondary School Certificate Examination paper. The name is always written with a thick shade as a model of how the examination candidate. The problem was that many students spend hours trying to fathom who was this mystical being, who had this name!!!
I, for one, wanted desperately to know who had that name. I asked my parents, teachers, relations, classmates and what have you. I received various answers. A particular wiseacre of a classmate told me that this mystical name belonged to a man who has the highest grades and scores ever in the history of the Regional examination! I almost believed it, in fact it became like a compulsory prayer to score have the highest scores in that exams. Heave knows that Ciroma of a guy must be a genius!
Well, this misconception continued until I stumbled into the truth one day. Yup, that day I was just lying down on the bed with nothing to do. My window was opened and the air of wisdom was flowing in. Eureka! I have found it! I have finally unravelled the mystery behind the equally mysterious name: Ciroma Chukwuma Adekunle. The answer was below my nose all these years. The name was a blend of three native names from three different parts of Nigeria. Ciroma came from somewhere in northern Nigeria, Chukwuma has an Igbo origin and Adekunle was a Yoruba name. Seriously! I had lived in the misconception of the truth for long. That moment that you learn the right thing.
Now was the moral behind the story? Emmm... guess I cannot say. No, I've got one: do not go around questioning what you can think out on your own. That might sound dumb but I don't care. My greatest happiness is that the mystery behind Ciroma Chukwuma Adekunle has been solved!
Share, like and comment if you feel up to it.

Post a Comment